The DFWHC Foundation serves as a facilitator for local hospitals to address regional hospital quality and patient safety issues. We seek to identify and share best practices as well as develop initiatives and educational needs to address areas for improvement.
Areas of Focus
Patient Safety and Quality: Monthly committee meetings focused on Patient Safety and Quality issues such are Patient Falls, Hospital Acquired Conditions and infections and trending areas of interest. Focused on using data to improve the safety of our patients. Committee membership is closed and determined by recommendation from a system or a hospital.
Regulatory Collaborative Committee: Newly formed committee designed to serve as a catalyst for continual improvement through communication and collaboration of participants. The committee provides a way for participants to assist each other in obtaining a successful survey and meet regulatory requirements. Membership to this committee is open to any hospital that is a member of the DFW Hospital Council.
CAUTI Collaborative: Catheter Associated Urinary Tract Infection Collaborative. Currently 21 hospitals participate in this collaborative to decrease CAUTI’s and increase compliance with the audit tool. Contact us if your hospital is interested in joining the collaborative.
Sepsis and Septic Shock Strike Force: A committee of content matter experts has been working since March 2016 to provide evidence based clinical guidelines for early recognition and management of Sepsis for pediatric and adult patients. The Strike Force will provide assessment, reassessment and treatment protocols per CMS SEP 1 guidelines, will analyze changes in evidence-based clinical guidelines and provide education to healthcare providers and the community.
C-Diff: Working with hospitals, physician offices and post-acute care facilities to decrease hospital acquired C-Diff. Brochures are available free of charge to educate the community.
Opioid Safety Program: Work has begun on an Opioid Safety Program that will be multi-faceted- impacting hospitals, physician prescribing practices, reporting regulations and community awareness. If you would like to join the Opioid Safety Program contact us.
Best Practice Resources
- AMS: Practical Implementation Strategies
- Beating the Odds of Sepsis Full Program
- Decreasing Violence in the Workplace – Lean Six Sigma Project
- DSHS Ebola Preparedness
- Falls with Injury Change Package
- Falls Checklist
- Fall Prevention and Injury Protection
- Falls Webinar Recording
- Get UP- Mobility Nursing Interventions Matter- Webinar
- Medication Reconciliation
- Outpatient Antibiotic Stewardship
- Patient Safety Summit 2018
- Patient and Family Engagement and Autonomy
- PFE: DFW Partnering for Safety
- Pressure Ulcer Change Package
- Pressure Ulcer Checklist
- Repeat Lactic Acid
- Sepsis/Septic Shock
- UP Campaign Webinar – Wake up, Get Up, Soap Up
- UP for DFW Campaign Presentation Slides
Health Literacy Toolkit
- Ask Me 3
- Assessment Tools
- Cultural Competency
- Cultural Competency – MD Guide/Primer
- CLAS Policy & Practice
- CLAS National Standards Evaluation Project
- CLAS National Standards
- Health Literacy/Cultural Competency Collaborative
- Practical Strategies for Culturally Competent Evaluation
- Language That Works To Improve Vaccination Acceptance
- Inclusive Language & Imagery for Mental Health Content
- Existing HL Toolkits
- Foundational Tools
- Patient Zone Tools
- Teach Back
- Translation Tools
- Written Materials