Sold out audience turns out for Foundation’s “Nurse Institute”
The DFW Hospital Council (DFWHC) Foundation’s “North Texas Institute for Nurse Educators” was a sellout, with more than 100 attendees on October 16 at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Frisco.
In all, five presentations including two panel discussions were provided detailing “Trauma Informed Care,” “Palliative Care,” “Patients who are Victims of Intimate Partner Violence and Human Trafficking,” “Clinician Resilience” and “Workplace Violence.”
• Jorie Klein of Parkland Health & Hospital System;
• Mary Ann Contreras of JPS Health Network;
• Heather Scoggins of JPS Health Network;
• Stacy Smith of Children’s Health;
• Lara Burnside of JPS Health Network;
• Vishal Bhalla of Parkland Health & Hospital System;
• Penny Huddleston of Baylor Scott & White Health;
• Winnie Neal of Methodist Health System;
• and Jill Benns of Parkland Health & Hospital System.
Kristin Tesmer of Dallas Medical Resource and Linda Plank of Baylor University served as panel moderators.
“Great presentations with lively discussions afterwards,” said Sally Williams, event coordinator and Workforce Center director at the DFWHC Foundation. “We were thrilled with the turnout this year and are planning for a repeat event in 2020. We would like to thank the event planning committee for their assistance this year.”
For information, please contact Sally at [email protected].