Foundation’s plans for 2017
Blog by Kristin Jenkins, President of the DFW Hospital Council Foundation
The DFW Hospital Council Foundation is dedicated to improving health and healthcare in North Texas. We would like our partners to consider us the “go to” resource to support improvement in the region. During 2017, we will highlight strategic initiatives designed to achieve these goals and align with our partners’ visions. We encourage you to call 469-648-5016 or email [email protected] to ask about these initiatives.
I would like to outline areas in which the Foundation works with you. Future posts will explain details of our initiatives and the outcomes achieved. We are here to serve you and your team in many ways – we are not just a data aggregation center. Please let us know if you have a need for our assistance at any time!
• Coordinating care for increased value through our Post-Acute Care Committee and data collection and reporting on Skilled Nursing Facility Performance;
• Improving patient safety through the Hospital Improvement and Innovation Network Education and Data Analysis as a contractor for the American Hospital Association;
• Informing initiatives through “big data” by matching our claims warehouse for 95 percent of the North Texas healthcare market with clinical data registries using the Regional Enterprise Master Patient Index;
• Improving community health by providing 1115 Medicaid Waiver measure support and generating community health needs assessments for partners;
• Informing the region in regulatory compliance through our Regulatory Committee;
• Building the “Workforce of Today and Tomorrow” by providing education in preceptor academies, the Summer Institute and certification training;
• Supporting physician engagement with patient safety, quality and research committees led by physicians;
• Innovation in medicine and population health by supporting North Texas research studies ranging from trauma readmissions to the epidemiology of Parkinson’s disease.