DFWHC Foundation HEN to present “Bedside Matters”
The Dallas-Fort Worth Hospital Council Foundation-Hospital Engagement Network (HEN) will present an event hosted by Parkland Health & Hospital System Community Medicine Forum titled “Bedside Matters…THE Communication of Care” on two separate days, Nov. 5 or Nov. 6.
Times for the educational event on Nov. 5 is 3:25 – 5:15 p.m. and on Nov. 6 from 9:55 – 11:45 a.m. Tim Durkin and T. Scott Gross will serve as speakers. Location for the special presentation is the Fellowship Church located on Central Expressway in Dallas on the second floor.
Admission is free, but attendees are asked to pre-register at https://www.xcelevents.us/dfwhc/eventReg.php?event=dfwhc13®Typeld=Attendee.
Bedside Matters is a research-based program designed to improve patient outcomes by improving the communication skills of healthcare professionals and staff when relating to patients and families. This powerful program teaches everyone with patient contact –- from physician to receptionist –- the difference between dealing with a disease and relating to an illness. Participants will learn and be able to immediately use specific techniques for increasing the effectiveness of their communication.
Participants will also learn:
* The biggest reason behind patient non-‐compliance and what can be done to eliminate it
* The three things every patient wants and how to give it to them
* How to uncover what patients care about most
* Effectively deliver both good and bad news
* The critical elements to gain patient loyalty and retention
* Why solving a problem for a patient or client usually is not enough to make them happy
* The Digital Amplification Effect and why you should know about it.
For more information, please contact Lenette Burns at 972-717-4279.